Ashley Bryan |
September 12th 2018
Below is an evolving list of FAQ that I receive regarding Facebook.
Q: How do you view a list of the people who like your Facebook page?
- Login to Facebook
- Click “Settings” on the top right
- Click “People and other pages” in the left hand menu.
Q: How do you like a business as your business and not as your personal account?
A: To like as your page and not your private account, go to the page of the business you want to follow and click the three dots as below:
Select “Like As Your Page”. It then pops up a box where you select the page.
Q: What’s the difference between impressions and reach?
A: Impressions are the number of times a post from your Page is displayed, whether the post is clicked or not. People may see multiple impressions of the same post. For example, someone might see a Page update in News Feed once, and then a second time if their friend shares it.
Reach is the number of people who received impressions of a Page post. Reach might be less than impressions since one person can see multiple impressions.
Q: How does Facebook know when people are in the locations I’m targeting?
A: Facebook uses information from multiple sources such as current city from profile, IP address, data from mobile devices if location services are enabled, and aggregated information about the location of friends.
But: when you’re creating ads using https://www.facebook.com/ads/create, you should see a dropdown menu below the location selection that says “Everyone in this location.”
You can select the “People traveling in this location option instead”
Q: How do you add a new user (eg Manager) to your Facebook Business page?
1. Login to FB
2. Go the Business page in question eg : https://www.facebook.com/websitestrategies/
3. Click on settings at the top right:
4. Click page roles on the left:
3. Then in the middle there is a section where you can add a new page role. Put in the email address of the person you want to add (it must be the email address they use to login to FB with), also if you are friends with the person you want to add to the page, you can also type in their name in the same box, and set the level of authority you want to give them eg “admin”, from the drop down.